The Senior Environmental Associate's primary responsibilities will include leading, managing and expanding existing and new client projects, as either the primary lead or the co-lead on larger projects or multi-project clients. This will involve developing and managing projects work plans and budgets, updating team leads and company management on the progress of projects and acting as primary client contact, managing staff members, completing and approving time sheets and working with senior management and the accounting department to ensure timely billing and accounts receivable management, which is crucial to the company's cash flow. This is a leadership role where you will work with clients to ensure the overall quality control of work and assist with the overall management of the team, while also working to ensure a positive, collaborative and safe.
The position is based in the Calgary corporate office with periodic trips to the field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate and, as applicable, lead senior staff meetings, actively identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, contribute to ideas and into the overall management and financial well-being of the company, serve as a mentor to junior and intermediate staff and consistently identify and implement new ways to improve the quality of the company's work product and job satisfaction for staff
- Contributing to the development, operation, management and leadership of the Environmental / Contaminant Group including administrative and staffing, particularly related to expanding business lines in the area of reclamation
- Client and business development related to environmental liability evaluation and management, remediation and reclamation
- Identify new business opportunities, participate in drafting new business proposals and preparation and management of short and long term business plans to expand on the existing client base
- Assist in identifying and hiring quality staff, as required
- Supervision of company staff and contractors, as well as mentoring of intermediate and junior staff, and play an active role in helping staff meet their performance targets and growth goals.
- Take an active role in training staff, especially in your specific area of expertise
- Review client contracts and master service agreements and ensure that the project scope is consistent with the contracted work. Ensure that any scope changes or change orders are issued in a timely fashion as required
- Planning and preparation of technical proposals and reports and correspondence
- Ensure quality assurance and quality control of environmental data, interpretation and analysis and reporting while consistently meeting project deadlines
- Ensure that the delivery of services is completed in compliance with the company's COR H&S program and that of the clients H&S requirements
- Update company Principals on the status of performance and the Environmental Group (staffing needs, training needs, financial performance, etc.)
- Field activities will represent a minor portion of the work as the job will be to primarily identify and secure new project work and assist in keeping existing and new staff busy on chargeable work however the nature of the work may require or include periodic travel for work activities such as site of staff inspections, field level planning or kick off meetings, regulatory or land owner meetings at client related sites or offices
- Involved in the design and execution of environmental assessment, reclamation or remediation projects during the early phases of employment
- Develop and manage their own client relationships, suite of projects and contribute to the future development of the company's work systems and team within the Environmental / Contaminant group
Skill Set and Qualifications
- 6 - 8 years of experience in contaminated site management, remediation or risk assessment
- Bachelor degree in earth science, agrology or environmental engineering or related field
- Demonstrated track record of successful project completion
- Experience with AB, BC and federal regulatory regimes
- Strong communcation, interpersonal and writing skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- registration with professional organization (APEGGA, APEGBC, AIA etc)
This is a senior position offering unique technical challenges and great opportunity for involvement in a number of world class projects. An excellent opportunity for a senior professional with genuine management prospects with one of Canada's strongest consultancies.
The position offers an excellent remuneration package including a competitive base salary, performance bonus, group benefits, health care spending account, investment incentive, flexible work schedule and professional development opportunities.
To apply contact: firstname.lastname@example.org